We go to Niagara Falls frequently however not everybody has an automobile, specifically individuals taking a trip from out of the nation. We desire to share the experience of how to go from Toronto to Niagara for not just residents however likewise visitors and travelers to our city. Dave and I like going to Niagara Falls, Canada, it is among our preferred year-round Ontario destinations and we have actually checked out Niagara numerous times.
How to Get From Toronto to Niagara Falls
Ever considering that we initially fulfilled in 1991, Dave and I have actually constantly made time for a weekend getaway in Niagara Falls. Up until composing this post, we never ever believed of taking the bus or transit there. When
asked us if we ‘d like to take a bus journey to anywhere in North America, we picked the Toronto to Niagara Falls bus. many tour companies There are likewise
where you can schedule field trip to Niagara from Toronto, however Niagara Falls is truly simple to navigate by yourself. And Niagara is simple to get to from Toronto by bus, transit, automobile and train.
- Travel Times to Niagara from Toronto
- Highway Driving– 90 minutes of no traffic (nevertheless, it’s Toronto so you’ll constantly have traffic, specifically on a weekday.
- Public Transit GOTrain/ GoBus– 2– 2.5 hours
Bus Travel– 1 hour and 45 minutes (depending when again on traffic)
Toronto to Niagara Falls by CarNiagara on the Lake The journey to Niagara from Toronto by automobile is simple and uses versatility in regards to detours and stops. This is the method we usually check out Niagara Falls. We like having the high-end of having the ability to drive to Hamilton to explore some wineries or to drop in
or Burlington to do some shopping. Here is the path you’ll desire to take if you are driving to Niagara Falls from Toronto. Route:
The most direct path is to take the Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW) southbound from Toronto. Duration:
The drive generally takes about 1.5 to 2 hours, depending upon traffic. Tips:
Consider utilizing Google Maps or Waze to look for real-time traffic updates and prospective hold-ups. Parking is offered near the falls, however it can get crowded throughout peak times and it can be costly, so show up early or think about off-site parking alternatives. We discover that the most sensible are the $5 lots that you’ll see en route in. They promote $5 however it truly winds up being $15 for the day. (The $5 indications they hold are for 1 hour.)
- Downton Toronto to Niagara Falls– Step-by-Step Directions Start from Downtown Toronto
- and browse to the Gardiner Expressway West. Merge onto Gardiner Expressway West.
- Follow indications for QEW/Hamilton. Continue onto the QEW.
- The Gardiner Expressway will shift into the QEW as you move westward at Burlington. Remain on the QEW in the left-hand lanes and follow that towards Hamilton. Bypass Hamilton.
- As you approach Hamilton, the QEW will divide. You can either continue the QEW/ON -403 W following indications for Hamilton/Brantford or follow the QEW Niagara, which will take you over the Burlington Skyway Bridge. For Niagara Falls, guarantee you remain on or rejoin the QEW Niagara. Follow the QEW through St. Catharines.
- As you pass St. Catharines, continue following indications for Niagara Falls/Fort Erie. Exit the QEW at Niagara Falls.
- As you approach Niagara Falls, you’ll see exits for the city. You can take exit 27 for McLeod Rd or exit 32 for ON-420 towards Niagara Falls/USA Border, depending upon your precise location in the Niagara Falls location. Follow regional roadways to your location.Here are directions on Google Maps
Once you’ve left the QEW, utilize regional signs or your navigation system to reach the particular part of Niagara Falls you wish to check out.
Taking the Toronto to Niagara Falls Bus with Busbud– at old terminal TerminalToronto The bus terminal in
lies at Union Station. Buses leave throughout the day beginning at 6:00 a.m. If you are on a brief see to the city, you can get on an early bus to Niagara, invest the day sightseeing, and head back to Toronto on the 11 p.m. bus. You would not even need to alter Toronto hotels.Busbud booking You can schedule buses from Toronto to Niagara Falls rapidly and quickly through the
Get to the Bus station earlytimes and prices here.
The Megabus terminal lies at 30 Lake Shore Blvd W, Toronto, ON M8W 1N4 and it likewise leaves from Scarborough. You can examine the
Downtown Niagara Falls is a little out of the method, so be prepared The Niagara Falls bus terminal lies downtown in the Queens Street District at 4555 Eerie Avenue. Do not let this fool you. Downtown Niagara is not downtown near the tourist attractions and hotels. There are taxis waiting outside too or you can quickly call an Uber.
It’s a 30-minute walk to Clifton Hill.
You can likewise schedule with FLIXBUS which leaves from either downtown Toronto and Scarborough Town. It will drop you off at Fallsview Casino in the hotel zone which is more detailed to Niagara tourist attractions such as the Skylon Tower, the slope train, and Table Rock Centre. Read:
If it is a good day you can stroll along the Niagara Parkway that takes you along the river. The more direct path is to turn right when you leave the terminal and keep on strolling up until you get to Clifton Hill. It’s a simple simple walk with pedestrian courses through the park.The Clifton Hill Fun Pass in Niagara Falls: Is it Worth it?
Toronto to Niagara By Go Train Transit Go Transit is a hassle-free choice for taking a trip from Toronto to Niagara Falls. For simply $18 CAD roundtrip you can unwind from Toronto’s Union Station to Niagara Falls. The very best thing is that it consists of a WEGO Bus pass that links the leading Niagara Falls tourist attractions. Learn more:
Special Weekend Service: During summer season weekends and particular vacations, GO Transit uses direct train service from Toronto to Niagara Falls.
Using a PRESTO card can make fare payment easier. When required, the PRESTO card can be utilized for Toronto Transit and is simple to top up. Constantly examine the GO Transit schedule beforehand, as timings may differ, specifically on weekends.
About the WEGO BusThe 30 Best Things to Do in Niagara Falls
The WEGO bus is a hop-on-hop-off bus that takes you along to various Niagara Parks areas along the Niagara River Corridor linking Niagara Falls tourist attractions such as Whitewater Walk, the Whirlpool AeroCar, Niagara Gorge, and Niagara-on-thepLake and more.
If you take the Toronto to Niagara Falls bus you can sleep on the method home You can likewise take the GO Train from Toronto’s Union Station to Burlington, where you’ll move to a GOBus that will take you to Niagara Falls.
Duration: The combined train and bus journey takes about 2 to 2.5 hours.
Special Weekend Service:
During summer season weekends and particular vacations, GO Transit uses direct train services from Toronto to Niagara Falls.
Toronto to Niagara by Train
Travelling by train is an enjoyable and decadent method to take a trip. It seems like going back in time to take a comfy and beautiful journey through rail. You might desire to take the train from Union Station in Toronto to Niagara Falls if you are a train enthusiast like us. Details here.
The train journey takes about 2 hours and runs through VIA Rail. You can examine the VIA Rail schedule for departure times. Trains may not be as regular as buses, so preparing is vital.
You can schedule round-trip or one-way tickets. Rates begin at $50 and just leave when a day at 8:20 am.
The Niagara Falls Train Station lies at The GO/Via train station and bus terminals are at 4555 Eerie Avenue and Bridge Street. The train station in Niagara Falls is a brief taxi or bus trip from the piece de resistance.
Day Trips from Toronto to Niagara Tours An outing to Niagara can quickly be done from Toronto. There are a number of Toronto to Niagara Falls Tours if you do not desire the trouble of attempting to find out how to get to Niagara by bus, train, or handling traffic. Here are a few of our favorites. Niagara Falls Day tours here.
Just 90 minutes from Toronto, you can be at the succumbs to daybreak and after that with an experience pass in hand, you can see the leading tourist attractions in a day! Check out the very best 25 Day Trips from Toronto to Escape the City
- Seriously, we’ve done Niagara Falls in a day a number of times. Journey behind the falls, The Hornblower (previously Maid of the Mist), Whitewater Walk and Whirlpool Cable Car can be performed in a day. We’ve even included a number of wax museums and Nightmares on Clifton Hill into our excursion.
- Read more:
( 1 hour and 20 minutes from Toronto)
Check out more Niagara Falls ideas
Most most likely if you are flying globally or from the United States to see Niagara Falls, you will be flying into among Toronto’s airports Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) or Billy Bishop (YTZ). Billy Bishop Airport lies in downtown Toronto. You can get to Niagara Falls by all the methods noted above. You can quickly take the ferryboat or stroll to Union Station.
How to Get to Niagara from Toronto Pearson YYZ
- Getting from Toronto Pearson International Airport to Niagara Falls is reasonably simple. We often advise leasing an automobile when going to Ontario as it is a big province and honestly, our public transit and train systems are overpriced and not the very best. Here are some alternatives to assist you browse from the airport to Niagara.
- 1. Driving (Rental Car):
- Exit Toronto Pearson International Airport and follow indications to combine onto ON-427 South.
- From ON-427 South, take the exit onto the QEW (Queen Elizabeth Way) towards Hamilton.
- Continue on the QEW, following indications for Niagara/Fort Erie. As you approach Niagara Falls, take exit 27 for McLeod Rd or exit 32 for ON-420 towards Niagara Falls/USA Border, depending upon your precise location.
- About 1.5 to 2 hours, depending upon traffic.
- 2. Shuttle Bus Service: There are a number of shuttle bus services that run in between Pearson International Airport and Niagara Falls. It’s recommended to book these beforehand.
- 3. Public Transit
- The UpExpress belongs to Metrolinx
- GO Transit:
- From Pearson Airport, take the UP Express train to Union Station in downtown Toronto. From Union Station, you can take the GO Train to Burlington or St. Catharines and after that move to a GO Bus that goes to Niagara Falls.
- This technique is longer, taking around 3 to 4 hours or more, depending upon wait times for connections.
- 4. Personal Taxi or Ride Share Companies like Uber and Lyft run in Toronto and use trips from Pearson International Airport to Niagara Falls. Standard taxi business likewise supply this service.
- Roughly 1.5 to 2 hours, however might be longer with rush hour.schedules and rates here 5. Direct BusMegaBus Here
- Some business, such as Megabus, use direct bus services from Pearson Airport to Niagara Falls. Inspect schedules and schedule. Contact FLIXBUS for /
Approximately 2 to 2.5 hours.
Remember that travel times can differ based upon traffic conditions, the time of day, and other aspects. Constantly permit some additional time, specifically if you have particular strategies or appointments in Niagara Falls.Niagara Attractions Pass Niagara Falls Attraction Fast Tips
There are a number of destination passes to pick from in Niagara Falls. We usually get the Adventure Pass from Niagara Parks which permits us to bundle a few of the leading Niagara Attractions. For a flat cost, it gives access to all the significant tourist attractions like the Hornblower Cruises. This popular boat cruise takes you past the American Falls and into the heart of Horseshoe Falls. It likewise consists of Journey Behind the Falls, Whitewater Walk, and access to the WEGO bus that stops at all the significant tourist attractions.
You can purchase an
beforehand for deep discount rates. It can be utilized anytime in the year you purchase it.
Is there a direct train from Toronto to Niagara?
Is there a bus from Toronto to Niagara Falls?more here.
The Greyhound no longer runs to Niagara Falls
Yes, there are a number of buses daily from Toronto to Niagara Falls leaving from the primary Toronto bus terminal on Dundas Street downtown. Read
How Far is Niagara Falls from Toronto?
Niagara Falls is 128 km from Toronto and takes 2 hours to drive by automobile from downtown Toronto. Buses can take 2-hours and 10 minutes to 3 1/2 hours depending upon the stops. check Busbud Can I get to Niagara Falls from Toronto Pearson International Airport by Bus?
Yes, buses leave a number of times a day from Toronto Pearson to Niagara Falls. You can Busbud for online bookings.
for more expenses and schedules.
To schedule your bus from Toronto to Niagara Falls or throughout the world check out (*) Read More: (*).