2. Whidbey Island
11196 WA-525, Clinton, WA 98236, map
Whidbey Island, the biggest island in Puget Sound, has rugged shorelines, historical websites, and attractive towns. Check out the well-known Deception Pass State Park or Ebey’s Landing National Historical Reserve, where pastoral landscapes satisfy the sea, or take a look at some lesser-known routes like Ala Spit, Earth Sanctuary, or Windjammer Park. You can likewise check out the captivating town of Coupeville with its renowned wharf.
Everything We Did on Our Whidbey Island Day Trip
- Deception Pass State Park– North Beach has the very best view of the bridge.
- Ala Spit County Park Trail– lower recognized path to prevent crowds at Deception Pass and Ebey’s Landing.
- The Farm Stand– sunflowers, pumpkin spots, ice cream, and more
- Oak Harbor Murals by Allgire Project
- Windjammer Park– walkings near the Oak Harbor waterside
- Lunch at Seabolts Restaurant — we got fish and chips and clam chowder
- Coupeville Pier and town– keep an eye out for the numerous starfish under the pier.
- Ebey’s Landing Bluff Trail– if you have a national park passport, stop at the visitor center for a stamp.
- Fort Casey State Park– the very best view of the forts over the water was from the lighthouse.
- Meerkerk Gardens– try to find the puzzle monkey tree.
- Earth Sanctuary– integrates ecology with art (pay online ahead of time).
- Ott & & Hunter Wine Tasting in Langley– you can sit by the window for a great view of the water.
- Explore downtown Langley
Local Tip: To prevent driving back and forth, begin at the top of Whidbey Island (Deception Pass) and work your method to Clinton Ferry Terminal.