The Trinity Buoy Wharf Drawing Prize, now in its 30th year, revealed its 2023 award winners, who will get rewards worth ₤ 27,000.
In the open require the Trinity Buoy Wharf Drawing Prize 2023, over 3,000 submissions from 1,450 candidates from 40 nations were gotten. 123 illustrations by 111 specialists were picked for addition in the Trinity Buoy Wharf Drawing Prize 2023 exhibit based upon this amazing profusion of modern illustration practice worldwide.
An awards statement was hung on Thursday, 28 September 2023, at Trinity Buoy Wharf in London, exposing the 5 award winners.
- First Prize of ₤ 8,000: Jeanette Barnes, New Battersea Tube Station & & Developments , 2023, Compressed charcoal on paper, 150 x 213cm.
- Second Prize of ₤ 5,000: Victoria Hunter McKenzie, Tasha brought us Guinneps , 2022, charcoal, graphite on paper, 41 x 30.5 cm.
- Student Award of ₤ 2,000: Peter Blodau, El Kobri Maadi , 2023, charcoal on paper, 60 x 40cm.
- Evelyn Williams Drawing Award of ₤ 10,000 and solo exhibit at Hastings Contemporary: Isabel Rock, Our Cell , 2022, biro on paper, 43 x 53cm.
- Working Drawing Award of ₤ 2,000: Ade Olaosebikan, Reconstituted airplanes– The Barcelona Pavilion Reimagined 1 and 2, 2023, a digital illustration, 59 x 42cm, and an illustration made with a technical pencil on tracing paper, 84 x 59cm.